Motoring Journalist, Content Creator and Media Professional since 1989
- I’m The Brown Car Guy and I’ve been writing about cars and creating motoring content since 1989 across UK, Middle East & South Asia.
- Multi-Media Professional with Experience in Television, Video, Radio, Digital Content, Social Media, Events, Emceeing and Print Media
- Edited Middle East Edition of Car Magazine (2006-2011), launched Parkers Guide website in 2000, lead presenter on Car Review TV Show on FOX MENA Network (2018), regular weekly car show on Dubai Eye Radio for six years, hosted live shows at the British Motor Show, Dubai Motor Show & London EV Show among others, organised Dubai’s biggest car meet ever at the time in Sept 2012 at Motoring Middle East (which I also co-founded). Plus Saudi Arabia’s first Motoring Journalist in 1989.
- Creating content for BrownCarGuy channels and freelancing for the likes of MotorEasy.com, FreeCarMag.com, Asian Leader newspaper, The National Abu Dhabi, GoClassics.co.uk, The British Motor Show, The London EV Show, The Drivers Union Magazine, Motoring Middle East and others.
- Member, Southern Group of Motoring Writers, UK
- Based in London, England since 2019 | Dubai, UAE 2006-2018 | London, England 1992-2005 | Jeddah, Saudi Arabia 1979-1991 | Born London, England 1968
I’m The Brown Car Guy – a multi-media journalist and content creator. I’ve been writing about cars and creating content for well over three decades across the UK, Middle East and South Asia, with a track record of success in the areas of print, digital, broadcast, video and TV. I’ve worked as a journalist, editor, presenter, broadcaster, and Editorial Director (at ITP in Dubai, where I was heading up men’s luxury and lifestyle magazines).
British-born, after more than a decade in Dubai, I relocated back home to London at the beginning of 2019.
Presently freelancing and creating content for my own channel – BrownCarGuy and contributing to organisations such as MotorEasy.com, FreeCarMag.com, Asian Leader newspaper, The National Abu Dhabi, GoClassics.co.uk, The British Motor Show, The London EV Show, The Drivers Union Magazine, Motoring Middle East and others.
With 80% of my career having been devoted to covering Automotive, I hosted The Autocrats, a car show on FOX MENA region TV channels, and co-founded and ran Motoring Middle East, a digital automotive news and reviews media outlet.
I co-presented a weekly automotive show on Dubai Eye Radio, the UAE’s leading talk radio station. I’ve also run and hosted live events, including a daily panel show at two editions of the Dubai International Motor Show.
Prior to this I was Editor of the Middle East edition of CAR Magazine, was News Editor at UK-based Automotive Research Firm JATO Dynamics, was Deputy Editor during the reinvention of Used Car Buyer magazine in 2004 and Editor of Parkers.co.uk website in 1999 which I launched.
I started my career as ‘Saudi Arabia’s first motoring journalist’ back in 1989, writing first for the Saudi Gazette and then the Arab News.
An innovator and early-adopter, I always try to bring a unique blend of enthusiasm, passion and dedication to every endeavour I undertake.
Portfolio And Work
Professional recommendations received on LinkedIn:
Just some of the great feedback received on my YouTube Car Review Videos:
Find more amazing feedback at this link